GET THE MAMA(S) IN YOUR LIFE THE PERFECT GIFT FOR MOTHERS DAY! GIFT CERTIFICATES NOW AVAILABLE!
Pre-Care & FAQS.
Learn about our permanent makeup & microblading Pre-care instructions & FAQs to help prepare you for your appointment.
Before your visit
Properly preparing for all of your permanent makeup and microblading appointments is an essential part of optimal healing. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, please follow the recommended pre-care.
60 DAYS PRIOR
-NO Facials/PRP Facials
-NO Chemical Peels
-NO Eyelash serums (for eyeliner appointments only)
-NO Brow serums
4 WEEKS PRIOR
-NO Laser Treatments
-NO Anti-aging products; any skin care products that contain any vitamin A, retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, rosehip seed oil or alpha hydroxyls etc* anywhere on the face
-NO Spironolactone 4 weeks prior, 4 weeks after
-NO Anti-acne products* anywhere on the face
-NO Surgery of anykind
-NO Tanning, avoid sun and tanning beds
-NO Lash extensions (must be removed prior to eyeliner/lash enhancement appointments only)
2 WEEKS PRIOR
-NO Tinting of brow hair
-NO Botox, fillers
-NO Spray tanning
-NO Garlic, Turmeric, Fish Oil or Vitamin E supplements
72 HOURS PRIOR
-NO blood thinning medications such as ibuprofen, NSAIDs, Aspirin, Motrin etc.
-NO Working out
DAY OF APPOINTMENT
-NO Working out
-NO Caffeine** no coffee; decaf still has caffeine, no herbal teas,
-Come with your brows penciled in the way you would normally do them. This will help give me an idea of what you are used to. Please avoid forehead makeup as it is our working space and we want it as clean as possible
*Any skincare products for youth, repair, anti-aging, wrinkles, acne, tone correcting, brightening, etc. are likely to have these ingredients, do not use them anywhere on the face 4 weeks prior to procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
You are a candidate for permanent cosmetics unless any of the following apply:
- Under 18 years of age
- Pregnant or nursing (it is recommended to wait at least three months after nursing due to hormonal changes for optimal healed results)
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- History of Epilepsy, MRSA, or Lupus
- Undergoing chemotherapy/radiation (at least 6months out and requires doctor’s clearance)
- Using Accutane (must be off for one full year)
- Those with transmittable blood conditions like HIV or Hepatitis
- Hemophilia, bleeding disorders
- Problematic Skin (Acne or bumps covering the Forehead or Brow Area)
- Skin irritations or psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Chemical peels or PRP facial (at least 60 days prior)
- Facial laser treatment, IPL (at least 60 days prior)
- Had Botox in the last two weeks
- Allergy to epinephrine, dermacaine, benzyl alcohol, lidocaine, or tetracaine
- Active cold sores (for lip blush)
- Hooded eyelids (for eyeliner)
- Surgery 30 days before and/or after treatment
- Currently using or have used lash or brow serums in the past 8 weeks; avoid serum on area to be treated for a minimum of 8 weeks
- Using any skin care products that contain any retinol, glycolic acid, lactic acid, salicylic acid, or alpha hydroxyls (must not use past 4 weeks prior to procedure)
Yes, you will be asked to approve the color and shape before I start the process.